[Amps] More on Toroidal Tank Circuit Issues

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Mar 28 19:47:07 EDT 2014

Do you think that #12 enameled close wound would withstand the voltage turn
to turn?  The coil I have is #14 on a ceramic core. The wire is spaced about
the same size as the #14. So there is space for
cooling. And the coilform has lots of holes in it for even better
ventilation.

I would think that 125 degrees F is no problem for #14 on a ceramic
coilform?

My calculations:

#12 enamel is .085 dia. X45 turns = 3.825 inches long.

A coil that is 2" X 3.825 is 42.8 uH which is what I need.

Thoughts?

73
Jim W7RY