[Amps] Building an amp suggestions

glenn riccio gfriccio at hughes.net
Sat May 3 18:16:26 EDT 2014

Hi every one , I am contemplating building another QRO amp. Several years
ago , I built a GG amp using a pair of 3-500z"s. Very conventional but it
works very well. I now have the urge to build another amp. I am considering
using a 4-1000 but I have read that it probably isn't the best choice for GG
service. Then I thought about  class AB1. That also has its drawbacks as I
understand neutralization can be tough to get right. Since 99% of my
operating is CW, maybe a class C is the way to go.

  Does any one have any suggestions as to the best tube to use other than
4-1000 ?  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks es 73 de K7GFR  Glenn