[Amps] Rigol DMM

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon May 12 05:04:15 EDT 2014

On 5/12/2014 2:57 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 5/10/2014 9:09 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
>> In case you haven't yet checked the EEVBlog forum, there are several
>> discussions on the DM3058E including display topics.
>
> I don't read this list, but I have observed that the PSU for my Rigol
> Spectrum Analyzer is one noisy RF pig.  I learned that when I wanted to
> use it to study the EMC issues associated with various products, and
> figured out that some of what I was seeing was coming from the Rigol Not
> good.

Jim, I have a Rigol Spectrum analyzer (again I'd have to look up the
model #) and I don't hear a sound on any bands, 160 through 440.  OTOH I
do have one of their heavy duty, adjustable, 30 or 40 A (I'd have to go
look)switcher, lab supplies and it makes the typical switcher noise
"when starting."  Once running, it'll power any of my 12VDC rigs, 160,
440 with nary a peep.  I have an 897D so can get any mode on 144 and
440. Not the best 144/440 rig, but it works.

73

Roger (K8RI)