[Amps] 3-500Z pin comes unsoldered

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Tue May 13 13:33:30 EDT 2014

My dad's PT2500 has a problem where one of the 3-500 pins gets hot
enough it unsolders. I'm going to have a look at it & am thinking
maybe there's a poor connection on that pin/clip but maybe its
something relating to a defective component.

Before I open it up I'd appreciate suggestions on what to
specifically look for that might not be obvious to the eye, might
save me some time reinventing the wheel.

73,

Gary
KA1J

---