[Amps] QEX May/June 2014 amplifier article

Alan Ibbetson alan at g3xaq.net
Sat May 17 10:38:58 EDT 2014

May I timidly ask if anyone here can fathom the purpose of the article
on page 14 of the current ARRL QEX magazine? It describes an amplifier
using a high voltage IGBT which is operated for 600 cycles of 20MHz RF
once every 50ms. The magazine uses the by-line "A Forum for
Communications Experimenters" but I can't see what use this amplifier is
for communications. Do I just lack imagination?

Of course, if I was interested in building an over the horizon radar
then this article might seem more relevant.

73, Alan G3XAQ