[Amps] Alpha 9500 goes weird when grounding the Key In line

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sat May 24 17:53:05 EDT 2014

Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

It's not the K3.  When I disconnect the amp Key In line from the K3 (and
leave it plugged into the amp) and short it (with no RF drive from the
K3) I get the same behaviour.

Hmm...  It could be the cable I'm using for the Key In line has a
problem.  I'll try a different one and see what happens.

Sigh - same thing.

I tried Larry's suggestion and got Fault Code 6.  Looked it up in the
manual and it says "Output Relay closure fail and gives a phone number.

I phoned the number but, being Saturday, they're closed.  I left a
message and presume they'll call back on Mon.

73, Jim	VE7FO