[Amps] 572B - News?

Marcelo Cabral py1kr.marcelo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 02:31:53 EST 2014

Hi, all!

I'm Marcelo, from Brazil, my call is PY1KR. This is my first message for the
group and I like DX and Electronics issues.

I have a small Yaesu 2100Z and last week one of the "Taylor" (RF parts) 572B
starts to present a weak blue glow, the Idle current of the amp was
increased and this same tube is overheating. I've checked Bias, Cathode HV
and LV Anode voltages, all appear to be ok.

Swapping the tubes position, the problem follow the tube pointing the
solution for a new one.

Where to find good tubes? Maybe the easy way for get a reliable amp must be
swap the glass tubes for ceramic (like GI7B, 3CX)?

This MP of 572 was used no more than one year and no more than 60W driven in
good SWR antennas (near 500W in continuous carrier). I'm very disappointed,
and thinking because of problems like this RFparts stop to sell these
Chinese tubes remarked, recently I've change some mails with Terry from
RFparts and he don't appear very cheerful about new tubes...

My best regards,
Marcelo - PY1KR.