[Amps] 8875 in Dentron MLA 2500B

Fortra fortra at siol.net
Sun Nov 9 04:05:05 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

one of the tubes, 8875 went south in my Dentron MLA 2500B.
What is interesting, is that it has occasional contact between pins
5 and 6 when tapping on the body.
Measured resistance in good tube was cca 0.8 to 0.9 ohms.
Measured resistance in bad tube varies from several kiloohms to 1.0 ohm.

Is there any solution to this ( probably you have heard of the stories
about  internal welding by using higher voltage on pins and gently taping the tube:)

I have several GI7BT, but could not convince myself into butchery procedure of
replacing and dismantling 8875...
Or, check the sacred secret fund and buy a pair of  3cx800a7 :)

Thanks,

Nermin S58DX