[Amps] AL80-B fuse F101 blown;step-startnot working?

John DiLorenzo john.dilorenzo33 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:15:40 EST 2014

Thank you all for the replies.

The blown fuse is the 2A fuse in series with the step-start current limit
resistor, not an input fuse.  I don't think the the relay has failed with
the contacts closed (welded); the failure is such that the current limit
resistor is in the path long after the relay would normally close, shorting
the resistor and fuse.  Also, if the step-start is operating normally,
there should be no current through the fuse independent of what the tube is
doing..  So it doesn't seem that any kind of tube failure could be the
cause.

I'll look at the rectifier / filter components to see if they develop 12v
after the several second delay.  I'll let all know what I find.

John, K8DIL