[Amps] Source for replacement PS caps

Steve NR4M steve at nr4m.com
Fri Oct 10 13:42:53 EDT 2014

Hello all,

Figured it was time to re-cap the PS for my Ten-Tec since they are about
25 years old.  The amp hasn't been used in a while so you just know what
will happen if I DON'T re-cap it before I use it.

I really don't want to change (mechanically) the way the originals are
mounted in order to use a different, possibly more available, cap.

Looking for suggestions on sources other than the 'usual' (Digikey,
Mouser, etc...)

These caps are 400 MFD x 450 VDC, 85 degree, with screw terminals on
top.  Terminals appear to be #10, with a 1/2 inch spacing.  Dia is 1 3/8
inch and length is 5 5/8 inches, or so.

100 degree would be nice and the capacity can be +/-.

Any input would be helpful.  I just don't want to pay $25 per cap if I
can find similar for $15.

--
73 de Steve, NR4M