[Amps] HV Diodes

Dan Simmonds info at dedicatedrf.com
Fri Oct 17 12:35:04 EDT 2014

Hi Roger,

> To sell to us they don't need certification.  Of course they'd sell a
> lot more with certification and dealers which would push the price up
> a notch.

## Agreed.

> I'd rather have a true QRO SS amp that'd run the legal limit on any
> mode and stay cool.  That'd mean about 2 to 2.5 KW PEP capability and
> being SS they'd have to be computer controlled to stay legal.

## A Utah-based commercial RF design firm and myself are doing precisely
this now (and have been for many months).

> As fat as I see, a true SS QRO amp will still cost an arm and a leg.
> Maybe I'm wrong.  Theoretically they should be able to build a "clean"
> SS amp with IM figures in the 40+ db range for well less than the cost
> of tube amps of the same power within a couple of years.  I really
> liked the Tokyo Hi-Power amps.

## It won't be cheap, but not an arm and a leg either. What, in your
opinion, can be improved upon regarding the Tokyo Hy-Power models? FYI -
we are running switching supplies, a 7" LCD interface, and a bluetooth
transceiver in the box. I do have bench-top photos, but they are still
very rough.

> 73
>
> Roger (K8RI)

73