[Amps] HV Diodes

Dan Simmonds info at dedicatedrf.com
Fri Oct 17 12:47:41 EDT 2014

Jim,

It can be done, it's just chosen not to be. I received some custom
plotting back from ST Micro a month ago showing the reflection tolerance
of one of their dual gemini 100v FETs fed with just 70vdc on the drains.
This puts you much further down from the V(br)DSS (breakdown voltage)
point in a high-reflection event, and it will then deliver a true CCS
into a 2:1 reflection, provided one keeps the thermals within spec, at
the sacrifice of some power out the door for running at reduced drain
voltage.

Dan KK3AN