[Amps] Solid State Amps

Dan Simmonds info at dedicatedrf.com
Fri Oct 17 15:29:54 EDT 2014

Hi Lee,

Good point.

Two comments:

With pre-planning, this parts obscurity dilemma can be mitigated
significantly by selecting more popular parts sharing commonality. You
mention displays....a perfect example. 7" displays - a globally
standardized size - are here to stay in a variety of different industries.

A lot of this has matured now to the point where when one part becomes
obsolete, another identical, or near drop-in replacement post-dates it.
Switch-Mode power supplies are one, and FET's are now another. For
instance, from just quickly looking at the two data sheets, the ST Micro
SD2933 (released in 2004) and the SD4933 (released in 2009).

Dan  KK3AN