[Amps] Solid State Amps

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Tue Oct 21 14:59:25 EDT 2014

Carl,

> With all your spare time how about coming up with a substitution chart plus
> what changes are needed for a wide range of RF devices that are no longer in
> production with some unobtainium? This would include VHF/UHF brick amps.

Covering as many as possible, that would be a loooooong chart! And it would keep
changing all the time, as more old parts go out of production, and new ones appear.

I find it more practical to look for suitable replacements just for specific
parts, as needeed. When I do that, I look just at the characteristics of the
original part, and then do a parametric search at some vendor's web site, to
find what parts are available _now_, that meet the requirements.

Manfred