[Amps] AL1200 on AM - max carrier?

Tony Brock-Fisher via Amps amps at contesting.com
Thu Oct 30 07:13:09 EDT 2014

I want to run my AL-1200 on AM for a short stint (2 hours operating
time, 50% overall duty cycle). I have tested it at about 225 watts
carrier output, and with moderately high duty cycle transmissions (known
in the AM crowd as 'Old Buzzarding'), it gets quite hot.

What is the max recommended AM carrier power for long-winded transmissions?

Also, I'm assuming it should be tuned up for proper operation at double
the carrier power.

  I searched the list finding no real answers.

Thanks,

Tony, K1KP