[Amps] Drake L7 issue

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Fri Sep 26 18:08:30 EDT 2014

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:54:05 -0400
From: Joseph Loverti <joeloverti at gmail.com>
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Drake L7 issue

All,

I just finished up my 220VAC run to the shack and fired up the L-7. Upon startup, the panel lights seemed dimmer than they usually are. Even the fan seems like it?s running slow and weak. Upon trying to check the amp for operation, I notice that I?m getting very weak output (no even 20 watts) into my dry dummy load. I?ve tried several different bands but get the same results. I have triple checked all my connections and everything seems correct. The amp was operating just fine for the past several years at my old QTH. I?ve just noticed this problem after my move. Could it be that I?m not getting HV? Could I have a faulty breaker in the box? Any ideas on where to begin trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
WS8X

##  You are probably feeding 120 vac into the 220 vac input of the amp.   Check your new 220 vac run.  Sounds like you have a hot + neutral  reversed at one end of the new run.

Jim   VE7RF