[Amps] Drake L7 issue

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Sep 26 18:36:53 EDT 2014

> I don't know the L7, so I don't know if it uses 120V for anything
> (like a fan), but the proper connection of 240V is two hots and a
> ground, NOT neutral.

The L7 schematic http://www.qsl.net/ea4bb/EA4BB/Old_Radios_files/L7.pdf
shows the connection to be two lines only (2 lines and ground).  The
120V fans are connected across one of two primaries of the filament
transformer but there is *no* connection to Neutral and the only ground
connection is the chassis of the power supply (and via the power supply
cable to the RF chassis).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV