[Amps] Drake L7 issue

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Sep 28 07:13:41 EDT 2014

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:51:09 -0400
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac at arrl.net>
To: <amps at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L7 issue

On a second pass of the schematic, it looks like the fans are not ground
referenced with either configuration, unless there's path I cannot see.

Paul, W9AC

##  u are correct.   There is NO grnd reference.  in either config.    Same deal with the drake L4B amp.

##  What is interesting is  C41.... the 47 pf cap thaat goes between the CT of the plate choke..and the bottom of the plate choke.
Im guessing its wired to the CT of the plate choke.  What is its purpose..and how does it work ??   Looks to me like something, such that the choke wont series resonate on any ham band.
Does anybody know what the total uh value of the plate choke is..or where the tap point is ?    Where does the choke series resonate at ?

Jim  VE7RF