[Amps] Alpha 76A 3cpx800 Conversion Tuning?

Rich Hallman - N7TR rich at n7tr.com
Sun Apr 5 15:36:11 EDT 2015

After converting an Alpha 76a to 3CPX800's with a new Peter Dahl upgraded Transformer and installing the new upgraded RFC-3 Plate Choke I am seeing a problem with tuning on 15 and 10 meters.   All bands except 15 and 10 seem to tune ok.   On 15 and 10 meters....The tuning indicator is at 0 and it's the best tuning I can get.  For those who have completed a conversion in the past, can you let me know if you have seen this issue before and if so, what was done to fix the problem?  I've seen some info on the net from removing stators from the tuning cap to moving the taps on the tank coil.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Rich

Rich N7TR
ex KI3V, N3AMK, WB3JOV