[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 148, Issue 10

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:31:40 EDT 2015

On 07/04/15 04:00, "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom at telus.net> wrote:
> [....] With the correct flow rate into a GS35B,  oil temps should not be an issue,
> provided that  a correct size rad is used, along with an expansion tank...aka  de-gas bottle, plus pump for the job, etc, etc.
I have settled on two automatic transmission coolers in series. Each is
393x254x30 mm.  Looks big hehe..

What is the de-gas bottle for?

I was going to vacuum the system out and charge it refrigeration-style.
Vacuum out all the air, purge with nitrogen, vacuum out again, fill with
oil, apply heat and hold vacuum on for 24 hours to de-gas, add +15psig
nitrogen and cap it and seal it.

Steve