[Amps] Dentron Clipperton mods help

AC9EX AC9EX at dotnet.com
Fri Apr 10 12:27:56 EDT 2015

Looking for some help from the amplifier Guru's here. I purchased a
Clipperton L 2 years ago, noticed recently that the insides are not the same
as photos on the web. Upon further investigation, this amp has a tuned input
board, an extra doorknob cap and coil. It has been setup to use the CM-1
module which came with the amp also. So I am questioning if I really need
use the CM1? Currently with it in the circuit I have to use the internal
tuner to match. Or if I should put an LDG auto tuner between the amp and rig
and remove the CM-1? I have photos of the internals if anyone can help
explain the extra coil and cap. By the way the amp runs fine with full
output. I am also considering doing the AC Hum modification. Can anyone
confirm that is worthwhile? One more bit of info, I also run an AT2K tuner
between the amp and antenna's, my Hexbeam and Hy-tower are resonant, but I
also use a 160 meter windom from time to time and need it for that. Thanks
for your help!

73,

Todd Beay

AC9EX