[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 148, Issue 15

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:46:17 EDT 2015

On 13/04/15 00:10, amps-request at contesting.com wrote:
> The anode air cooler could be removed. In its place, a small copper (or
> aluminum) liquid cooling block --considerably smaller than the original air
> cooler-- could be made in a machine shop in a couple of hours.
The cooling will be worse than air cooling, not better, as the ceramic
and other parts of the tube have no cooling at all, unless I add a fan,
which I dont want to do.  I want a fully integrated low-maintenance system.

> I would use distilled water, and replace it regularly. It's cheap, readily
> available, and is a better coolant.

And its a pain in the butt tocks always having to jigger with the amp.
I build things so that I am more a liability to them than the other way
around.

Steve