[Amps] LK-500 ZB

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Tue Apr 14 10:40:18 EDT 2015

A shorted tube wouldnt be drawing positive plate current.

Sounds like a gas arc took out the zener and the amp is now zero biased.
Look for a glow in the tubes when in standby mode, maybe all they need is a
good regettering due to a long period of  no use.
I wouldnt advise using it until the problem(s) are fixed.

The PS board is fine and MFJ has 270uF replacements in their catalog as used
in their Ameritron amps. Id also replace any equalizing resistors that are
out of tolerance.

Carl
KM1H