[Amps] Test versus working voltage for oil filled capacitor

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Apr 15 09:14:16 EDT 2015

I was going to say the same. We used 1 to 4 of those big, heavy, oil
filled caps in a resonant circuit for induction heating down in the KHz
range running 100 to 250 KW.  The coils were 1/2" copper tube up to 2
feet long and about 8" to 10" in dia and about 2" turn spacing with
water running through when the power was on.  The biggest problem was
getting the coils to hold their shape during a prolonged run.

73

Roger (K8RI)