[Amps] Question on installing new Amp tube

Lee L at w0vt.us
Sat Aug 8 15:11:10 EDT 2015

Mike,

I have always heard of long time "idle" 3-500Z tubes needing to be
gettered because the high voltage can flash over and destroy the grid.
I have never heard they have a problem emitting electrons off the
filament from being idle.  This is news to me.  However,  I would be
much more concerned with gettering a gassy tube then initially worrying
about electron emission.  Electron emission is a mute point if you have
destroyed the grid from flash over due to a gassy tube.
Lee, w0vt