[Amps] Question on installing new Amp tube

Ros ros at netbox.com
Sat Aug 8 18:47:22 EDT 2015

Mike, you are partially correct except the tube doesn't sit around and
can no longer emit electrons;  it no longer emits electrons because the
filament has used up the electrons on the surface from long periods of
use, thereby rendering the tube being 'weak'.  One can USUALLY squeeze
some more life out of the tube by raising the filament voltage for some
amount of time, allowing electrons to boil to the surface of the tube.

Old c.r.t. televisions got weak/dim and they made or still do a device
to raise up the filament/s by a percentage - google it.

Ros W5BRY