[Amps] MFJ-998RT Tuner

Lee L at w0vt.us
Thu Aug 13 19:28:10 EDT 2015

Anyone on here using or used a MFJ-998RT remote antenna tuner?  I plan
to put up a vertical Loop with the bottom leg along the ground and am
wanting a high power remote tuner to tune the thing.  The only feedback
I can find on the internet is from owners back 3 or 4 years ago.  I am
very leery about MFJ but they seem to be the only manufacturer of a high
power remote antenna tuner.  I want to use the tuner with my Drake L-4B
amplifier.  I'd really like to build one using a BIG Roller Inductor and
variable capacitor with maybe fixed caps added with relays.  Before I
think about actually how to build it I am going to put up this very
large vertical loop and then tune it with a rig at it's base to see what
is needed to tune it for all the bands.  However, the MFJ-998RT has
caught my eye.  Not sure if this is GRIEF CITY or not.
Lee, w0vt