[Amps] Emtron DX3

doug ferguson thenewt at msn.com
Wed Aug 19 09:50:19 EDT 2015

Does anyone know of someone in the Pacific Northwest who can repair Emtron Amplifiers.
I have a DX3 where the Plate Current intermittently goes full scale. It usually does it either momentarily
or for a couple seconds, usually only after fully warmed up.   I've been in touch with the
guys in Australia and they have given me lots of things to look at but my expertise is limited.  I've
kind of concluded it's either a loose connection or possibly a bad tube because when it goes
into this condition, just light tapping on the case will bring it on.  When it's not doing it, I get full
output and everything seems fine.  I've checked for a loose wire in the bias circuit but seems
OK.  The Bias reading is low and can't get a pre-bias reading.  I have a spare tube and control
board but changing them out is beyond me.
This thing is a beast and don't want to ship but will drive it anywhere in the Northwest.
Thanks, Doug - N7NM