[Amps] Amp output power

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 24 11:49:30 EDT 2015

On Sun,8/23/2015 7:13 AM, Kevin Stover wrote:
> The non-pulse rated 3cx800 max ratings are 2250V plate voltage, 0.6
> plate amps. Typical operation at 2200V and 0.5A with 23W of drive will
> get you 750W AB2 output.

That's close to how they run in Ten Tec Titan 425 amps -- using an N8LP
LP100A to set output power to 1.5kW, I end up with about 50W drive on
most bands.

As has been noted, these tubes don't like too much grid dissipation. I
keep the switchable meter in the Titans set to watch grid current, and
try to stay below 60mA for the pair. That's about half of their rating.
Achieving that means careful matching of the output stage to the load.

73, Jim K9YC