[Amps] Amp output power

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Tue Aug 25 13:49:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:13:57 -0400, you wrote:

>How about a pair of 4-400As as I have 10 NOS ones in original boxes. It is
>also used in my T-368F and does a nice job there. I also have a bunch of
>PL-172s or 8295s and a pair of those would make a real nice amp. I used to
>have an HT-33B that used one of those, and stock it easily put out 1.2KW key
>down.73 - Mike

REPLY:

A lot of this is personal preference. I prefer triodes for simplicity
and I prefer ceramic over glass for resistance to air leakage. Ceramic
to metal seems to make a better long term seal than glass to metal.

Aside from that, 4-400's will make a great amp and will work a lot of
DX.

73, Bill W6WRT