[Amps] Amp output power

Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:59:17 EDT 2015

I think, all things considered, that if I were building another
amplifier I would use an 8877 in GG. Easy to tune (unlike my last
tetrode amp), no regulated screen supply needed, no worries about grid
dissipation, and full power at reasonable plate voltage. I suspect that
the total cost would not exceed the cost of a tetrode amp despite the
availability of cheap tetrodes.

3-500Zs require more plate voltage and more drive for 1500w output, and
there is less headroom. On the other hand, they are instant-on.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/