[Amps] More on "baby ur radio"

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Sat Dec 19 23:40:28 EST 2015

Migration is a real phenomenon but it's a quality defect, and not part of
the normal operation. Google "purple plague."

I am interested to see if there are any data specific to idle hours on a
power transmit tube.  The filament issue and thermal heat/cool is something
I can wrap my head around easily.  But a cathode setting there at op
condition, B+ applied to the anode - but with the tube otherwise
undisturbed - what's the actual wear mechanism?

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie