[Amps] Alpha Input SWR

Peter Voelpel dj7ww at t-online.de
Fri Jan 9 21:26:43 EST 2015

What is bad about SWR <2?

73
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Amps [mailto:amps-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Hardy Landskov
Sent: Samstag, 10. Januar 2015 03:09
To: Charles Henry; ed at w0yk.com; amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha Input SWR

Charly,
Changing the length of coax to the input will not change the SWR. Look at a
Smith Chart.  Only dealing with the tube's capacitance along with the 50 ohm

resistor to ground with a suitable matching network will lower the input
SWR. I wish Alpha and whoever is the designer of amps now would  match the
input to every band but they don't. It's not that much more money to do it
right.
I am going to sell this 8410 because of that reason. What a piece of junk.
73 HNY to all....  Hardy N7RT