[Amps] The genius of ham radio

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Mon Jan 12 11:18:22 EST 2015

Hi Jim,

If I was the Personnel Director at some highfaluting industrial complex, looking to hire-on engineers, I would make special note of the applicants' hands when shaking them...

Any absence of calluses, cuts, bruises, scabs, scars, blisters, etc. etc. etc. would immediately tell me that THIS particular wannabe engineer is strictly a BOOK-learned specimen, and NOT a "tinkerer, experimenter" that maybe works on his / her car in their spare time, etc.

Call it the School of Hard Knocks---whatever. Practical experience goes hand-in-hand with theory, & too much of one, without the other, is NFG, IMHO...

Eddy