[Amps] Amps with high swr question

Roger D Johnson n1rj at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 15 12:53:54 EST 2015

Impedance matching is only one of the functions a tuned input circuit on the
input of a GG
linear amplifier performs. The other is the "flywheel effect" that smooths out
impedance
variations that occur during the RF drive cycle. Most autotuners are L networks
and do not
provide the Q necessary for this function.

73, Roger