[Amps] Multi-tube vs Single or Dual-tube amps?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Jan 20 05:40:58 EST 2015

But in "those days" they didn't worry about matching tube in a lot of
amp, or IM for that matter.  On one hand we had the 32S* series and
KWM-2 at 50 db IM or less, while on the other we had 19 sweep tube amps
at who knows what for IM, but -30 db (if that much) was doing really
good.  The sad part is that only recently have top end SS rigs gotten
much better than - 30 db and that's usually class A..

Then new (and some old who should know better) complain that their new
Cadillac rig claiming 100 db plus of dynamic range and with super
narrow, steep sided filters claiming stupendous figures able to operate
within a few KHz of a 20 over 9 signal, complain their rig won't do what
they advertized, never mind, that station 3 KHz up has -30 db IM and is
20 KHz wide at S8.

Try to convince one of them that it's the other guy's transmitter and
not their receiver<LOL>

Fortunately those Multi(many tube)sweep tube amps are finding sweep
tubes difficult to find and getting expensive.

We're working on the wrong things!

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 1/20/2015 1:22 AM, Fuqua, Bill L wrote:
>    I bet you have a much better chance of getting two matching 4-125A tubes than 10 sweep tubes.
> Hi Hi Hi

---