[Amps] really outrageous amps

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Jan 22 22:35:37 EST 2015

##  Not that I know of.  The 3CW20000A7 is a water cooled version of a 3x10.
The plate + grid current ratings are the same, so you cant run any more
po...
just more pd.

##  water cooling has its merits, but can be a pita to implement.   You
still need a
10-25 gpm pump to move the distilled water into a big rad, with a big fan.
You still have
to dump all that heat.  20 kw pd =  63,000 btu.   1 watt pd = 3.15 btu.

##  in the uk  ...VO stokes book, they say to avoid water cooling like the
plague.
IMO, I don’t believe it would be that difficult to implement.   Its just a
simple closed loop system.
The advantages would be the external radiator + fan could be located
anywhere.... and hot air
exhausted to the outside in summer..and indoors in winter.

##  vapour phase cooling or multi-phase cooling would be the real ticket.
But eimac discontinued
the smaller vapour phase cooled triodes years ago.   Too bad, With vapour
phase cooling, the pump
is eliminated.

##  water cooling has its advantages though...like 1000 watts per square cn
of anode area, vs just
135 watts for vapour phase cooling....... vs  50 watts for air cooled
triodes.

Jim   VE7RF