[Amps] 5 Minutes for Ameritron 811H to warm up?

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Jan 24 04:53:45 EST 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:25:55 -0600, Kim Elmore wrote:

>Glass is simply a transparent ceramic. Well... More or less, anyway.
>Nothing wrong with that as long as the limitations are respected.

REPLY:

Actually, there is something wrong with that. Glass, technically, is a
liquid and flows very slowly under pressure, even at room temperature
over long periods of time. I believe this is the main reason glass
tubes are prone to become gassy after years of storage. I can't prove
it, but I believe this is why ceramic tubes are much less prone to
this problem since ceramic is a rigid crystalline solid.

That's just my theory - comments welcome.

Bill W6WRT