[Amps] What 811A's Should I Try to Find?

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Sun Jan 25 08:54:43 EST 2015

Any USA brand, RCA, GE, Raytheon, KenRad, Cetron, etc. Go for the latest
date codes
into the 70-80's.
Ive seen them mixed up in the 30L1 used by the USAF so Im half assuming they
are all built to close tolerances that matching isnt required.

And don't for a minute think you can abuse them either as those paper thin
anodes will melt
 holes in them almost as easily as the Chinese.

If you run that amp at 600-650W out instead of 800 they will last a long
time.

Carl
KM1H