[Amps] {Collins} Understanding Screen Current in a Tetrode

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:53:39 EST 2015

FYI, here was my post to the Collins reflector that prompted that reply.
What do you think?

"There is a lot of misinformation out there about screen current. But it's
the most important indication of proper loading!
"When I used to DX on the low end of 144 MHz with my homebrew 4X150A
amplifier (30 years ago), I knew that the amp was tuned just right when the
screen current was either zero or very slightly negative.
"According to www.w8ji.com/loading_amplifier.htm :  'In grid-driven
tetrodes or pentodes the most important parameter is screen current, with
control grid current a close second, and output power a close third.'
Believe it. :-) "

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com