[Amps] What tube?

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Wed Jan 28 11:12:48 EST 2015

AS far as I know, there is only one tube(s) that meet your requirements;
a pair of 3-500Zs.

If you drop the "instant-on" requirement, there are quite a few other
possibilities.

One other possibility if you can handle it might be 2X or 3X triode
connected 4-400As. I've not been able to reliably get 1500 out on all
the HF bands with a pair, but three in parallel makes it easy. See my
web page for a 3 x 4-400A 40 meter monobander.

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP