[Amps] Astron Power Supply replies

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 29 01:41:57 EST 2015

On Wed,1/28/2015 6:50 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> Thank you all so much for the replies regarding upgrades, suggestions
> and green wire dealings with my two Astron power supplies. The only
> reason I asked that here was the mention of the green neutral being
> left in a floating condition on at least some of the Astron PS.

The Green wire is EQUIPMENT GROUND, NOT NEUTRAL. Caps added for
emphasis. The neutral MUST carry the load current, the Green Wire must
NOT carry load current. The primary function of the Green Wire is to
blow a fuse if by some fault the chassis becomes "hot" with line
voltage, thus protecting from electrical shock.

73, Jim K9YC