[Amps] What tube?

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Thu Jan 29 18:51:52 EST 2015

If you use care in selecting the filament transformer it can be self current
limiting. The one
in the SB-220 is a good example. Many HB and commercial amps start off with
a "robust"
transformer capable of quite a bit more current than the tube requires that
is often overvoltage
to add to the problem.

When you get to real high current tubes a Variac or controlled step start is
needed.

Carl
KM1H