[Amps] AL-1500 12v start relay chatters

Ed Stallman ed.n5dg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:50:12 EDT 2015

Relay 2 .. 2pst 30a 12vdc coil  chatters . This relay supplies the AC
voltage to the HV transformer and through the step start relay  .

Here's what I've tried so far with HV transformer and tube removed

Checked the 12V at the relay and timer board : after the 3 min timer
sends 12V to relay 2 the voltage is all over the place until relay 2
stops chattering .It chatters for 2 to 4 seconds , when the chattering
stops I'm reading 14.6 VDC

I removed the timer board, heated all solder joint also heated the relay
2 coil terminals

I ran a separate ground from timer board to relay 2 coil

I have had the DPST relay drop out after using it for some time
...Doesn't drop out long or happen often but the 2 to 4 second chatter
happens at every startup

Thought I would ask here before ordering a new timer board and start relay

Thanks Ed N5DG

---