[Amps] tetrode push-pull amp schematics

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Wed Jun 17 22:55:27 EDT 2015

Push pull doesn't really buy you anything other than reduced 2nd harmonics,
which isn't a problem as the tank circuit will take care of that for ham
purposes.
It is sometimes used on higher frequencies if the plate capacitance of the
tube is very high and it is a problem getting the tank circuit Q right. Push
pull allows for a lower capacitance plate tuning capacitor.
But on HF you don't have that problem with that tube.

Push pull tubes will not reduce intermodulation products.
You do not want to run a 4CX1500 in anything but AB1 or class A. normal
operation of that tube in AB1 is close to class A anyway.

All you buy with push pull is more complicated circuitry for no practical
reason.
If you just want to be able to say "I did it" then that's another story.

73
Gary  K4FMX