[Amps] AL1500 $375

Jack Schuster w1wef at att.net
Wed Mar 25 13:52:45 EDT 2015

 I'm sure I caught your attention!  This is the amp you can see in my photo on QRZ.com before my house burned down.  I seriously think it can be easily  restored and I was going to do it myself, but decided I have too much else going on, including planning and watching our new house go up. The amp was not directly in the fire, and the only real  evidence of heat  is the plastic faces on the two meters are melted in a corner; they probably still work. I purchased a new AL1500 chassis and used the tube and plate transformer from the old one. You can get any parts you need from Ameritron; plate transformer $403, meters $43 each, tube...find a pull. The front panel cleans up nicely with Armorall. The cover can use repainting. Everything else is there, and if you are ambitious this could be the lowest priced AL1500 you'll ever see.   JACK W1WEF   860 966 6463