[Amps] Time for New Power Meter

Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:14:13 EDT 2015

When they suspected someone of cheating, they would park their van
outside his house and measure field strength. Then they would go inside
and measure plate voltage and current (I presume with their own
instruments). So if the guy reduced power they could compute how much he
was running beforehand by the difference in field strength.

As to how they knew whom to check, I believe that they got tips from
other hams. As I recall, many of these spot checks were during contests.
I remember one guy busted for running 5 kW.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/