[Amps] Yaesu Orange Button

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Sun May 24 18:51:25 EDT 2015

On the FT-1000MP MKV, the button is not orange and power is internally
limited to 75 Watts.

However, as Charly said, you must NEVER use less than 75 Watts, as the
MKV cooling system is p1ss poor and the finals WILL burn up. I found out
the hard way and thankfully, I was able to source some "real"
replacements and the radio was able to be repaired. I think they are
BLF147 or something like that.

Anyway, take care, cos they are very hard to find. You can get the
re-badged Chinese reconditioned version easily but genuine ones are very
hard to find.

73, Alek. VK6APK