[Amps] WTB 220 mhz amp/ Eimac question

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 10:48:08 EST 2015

Greetings fellow amp folks:

The list here has been almost dead for quite a while.

Question:
Do we have a name to contact at Eimac who is ham friendly? I understand that the one ham I was aware of is no longer there.
I sold a good used 3CX1200A7 to a ham in Tennessee, and he now claims it to be DOA.
I am curious to find out if plugging it into the socket of his Henry 3K Premier incorrectly could have electrically damaged it. He states there is no visible physical damage, and agrees that I packed it very well (double boxed, and inside an Eimac factory box).

If they would do it, I may pay to ship it to Eimac and have them open it up to hopefully tell me what the heck happened.
If it just up and died of natural causes, then I owe the buyer a refund and I am out a tube.
If there is internal or external proof of mishandling on the buyers part, then that is a different story.
The tube was shipped USPS insured, but with no external damage to the box (per the buyer), I don't hold much hope there.

On another front, I am searching for a decent SS or tube 220 amp in the 250-1000 watt class. Several weeks of ads
on QTH and eham have produced little to no leads.

Thanks in advance     Don    N8ECH