[Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP / IMD at rated PEP

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Nov 16 10:22:29 EST 2015

On 11/15/2015 11:09 PM, Leigh Turner wrote:
> The only other way around this intractable dilemma is the use of
> linearity correction pre-distortion techniques in either analog or
> digital form, the latter being implemented with an SDR Tx exciter
> running the requisite correction algorithm.

Even linearity correction will not work if the devices are being driven
into saturation - the TV transmitter designers know that very well.
Linearity correction works as long as there is some headroom left in
the Pin/Pout curve but once you've lost the ability to increase drive
to compensate for the compression you've reached the limit of
correction.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV